From a Citizens Advice office
Citizens Advice offers free, confidential, impartial and independent advice to the public.
Our advice helps people resolve their problems with debt, benefits, employment, housing, discrimination, and many more issues. It is available to everyone.
Advice may be given face-to-face or by phone. Most Citizens Advice can arrange home visits and some also provide email advice. A growing number are piloting the use of text, online chat and webcams. Search for your local office to see the full range of services it provides.
Search for your local Citizens Advice
To find a Citizens Advice office in Northern Ireland visit: www.citizensadvice.co.uk.
What to expect from a visit to Citizens Advice
When you arrive at Citizens Advice we will welcome you and let you know what services we have available. Please tell us about any language or access requirements you have and we will do our best to accommodate them.
Depending on your particular needs, we may make an appointment to discuss your problem further – in person, by phone or on email. Alternatively, we may provide you with information to take away, or direct you to a different organisation that is better placed to help you.
Advice by phone is available from all Citizens Advice.
You can find contact telephone numbers for your local office in the table below.
|Antrim||028 9442 8176|
|Ards||0300 123 9287|
|Armagh||0300 123 3233 or 028 3752 4041|
|Ballymena||0300 123 3233 or 028 9600 1333|
|Banbridge||0300 123 3233 or 028 4062 2201|
|Central Belfast||0300 123 3233|
|East Belfast||0300 123 3233|
|Falls||0300 123 3233|
|North Belfast||0300 123 3233|
|Shankill||0300 123 3233|
|Suffolk & Anderstonstown||0300 123 3233|
|Carrickfergus||0300 123 3233 or 028 9600 1333|
|Causeway||028 7034 4817|
|Cookstown||028 8676 6126|
|Craigavon||0300 123 3233 or 028 3836 1181|
|Down||028 4461 4110|
|Dungannon||028 8676 6126|
|Fermanagh||028 6632 4334|
|Larne||0300 123 3233 or 028 9600 1333|
|Derry/Londonderry||028 7136 2444 or 028 7134 2536|
|Lisburn||028 9266 2251|
|Magherafelt||028 8676 6126|
|Newry & Mourne||028 3026 2934|
|Newtownabbey||028 9085 2271|
|Bangor||0300 123 9287|
|Holywood||0300 123 9287|
|Strabane||028 7138 2665|
Our Debt Advice Service is available across Northern Ireland. Contact us for free, confidential and impartial advice:
- by freephone (landline or mobile) on 0800 028 1881
- at one of our Citizens Advice offices
- by email
- via webchat
Other ways of getting advice
Here are some other ways of getting advice:
- Housing Rights Service give housing advice. Go to www.housingadviceNI.org
- Step Change give debt advice. Go to www.stepchange.org
- The Money Advice Service gives advice about money and financial issues. Go to: www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk
- Which? has a legal advice service available to some subscribers. Go to: www.which.co.uk
- Your household, motor or personal insurance policy may provide a legal advice service
- If you belong to a union, professional body or trade association, you may be able to get legal advice from them.