Benefits - introduction
Learn about the benefits you can get and how they are paid. If you are not happy with a decision, find out what you can do and how you can appeal.
If you pay national insurance, find out which contributions pay for which benefits.
Get a quick idea of the benefits you could get including disability benefits and links to free and detailed benefit eligibility tools and calculators
Check how benefits and tax credits are paid - usually by direct credit transfer into bank, building society or Post Office card accounts. Find out about the Payment Exception Service if you can't use an account.
- Challenging a benefit decision
- If a problem with National Insurance is affecting your benefits
- Benefit overpayments
- You think you're being accused of benefit fraud
- If you’ve been invited to an interview under caution for benefit fraud
- Complaining about the service you’ve received – benefits and tax credits