Problems with benefits and tax credits
What to do if you can’t find your National Insurance number or if you think your National Insurance record is wrong and it’s affecting the benefits you can claim.
- Challenging a benefit decision made before 23 May 2016
- Challenging a benefit decision made on or after 23 May 2016
- Challenging a benefit decision - asking for reconsideration
- You want to change your SSA benefit decision because your circumstances have changed
- Your benefit decision has been changed because of official errors or changes in the law
- View all
Causes of benefit overpayments and what to do if you have been told you have been paid too much benefit.
Benefit fraud, how it is investigated and what to do if you’re suspected of benefit fraud.
When and how to complain about the service received from those dealing with your benefits or tax credits.