Welfare benefits reform
The Welfare Reform Act is introducing a range of changes to the benefits system in Northern Ireland. Some current benefits are being phased out and new benefits are being introduced. Find out whether you will be affected by the changes.
If you want to speak to someone about changes to benefits, you can phone the independent welfare changes helpline for free on 0808 802 0020 or contact your local Citizens Advice.
Overview of the main changes proposed for welfare benefits.
- Housing Benefit size restrictions in social housing
- Housing Benefit size restrictions in social housing: special circumstances
- Housing Benefit size restrictions in social housing: Supplementary Payments
- Housing Benefit size restrictions in social housing: what you can do
- Housing Benefit - bedroom calculator for social housing tenants
Changes to the Social Fund where parts of the Social Fund will become part of a new Discretionary Support Scheme, and some will become part of Universal Credit.
Changes to contributory Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) if you are in the Work-related Activity Group.
Changes to how benefit decisions can be challenged or appealed.