Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Sick or disabled people and carers

If you're sick or disabled, you might be able to claim benefits like Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and Employment and Support Allowance (ESA). If you care for someone who is disabled, you might be able to get Carer’s Allowance. You might also be able to claim other benefits if you're on a low income.

Check what benefits to claim if you’re sick or disabled

Start here if you don’t know what to claim.

Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

Check if you can claim Employment and Support Allowance and how to deal with problems.

Adult Disability Payment

Find out about Adult Disability Payment, a benefit to help with the extra costs of being disabled or having a long-term health condition.

Child Disability Payment

Find out about Child Disability Payment, a benefit for children and young people who are disabled or have a long-term health condition.

Personal Independence Payment

Information on eligibility for claiming Personal Independence Payment (PIP), how to fill in the claim form and how to challenge a decision.

Attendance Allowance

Advice for making an Attendance Allowance claim.

Carer's Allowance

Check if you can get Carer's Allowance and how to make a claim.

If you're an adult on Disability Living Allowance

You can’t make a new claim for DLA if you’re 16 or over. Check what to do if you have a problem with your DLA.

Getting benefits if you got ill or were injured at work

Check if you can claim Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit and how to deal with problems with it.

Help for disabled travellers

How to apply for and use a Blue Badge, and what to do if you're refused one. How to get a Motability car or get help with transport costs.

Young Carer Grant

Find out about the Young Carer Grant - a payment for carers aged 16-18 years who do at least 16 hours of caring a week on average but don't receive Carer's Allowance.

Child Winter Heating Payment

Find out about this annual payment to help with household heating costs for disabled children and young people under 19 over the winter.

Carer Support Payment

Find out about Carer Support Payment, a benefit for unpaid carers who give regular and substantial care to a disabled person.