Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Check if you can get DLA for your child

This advice applies to Scotland

Changes to DLA in Scotland

A new benefit called Child Disability Payment is replacing Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for children and young people in Scotland. It’s paid by Social Security Scotland.

If you live in Scotland, you can apply for Child Disability Payment for a child if you don't already get child DLA for them. You can't make a new application for DLA.

If you already get DLA for a child, you’ll continue to get it until you’re transferred to Child Disability Payment. Social Security Scotland will contact you to tell you when that will happen. You won’t have to re-apply and the rate and amount of payment you get will be the same.

Find out more about Child Disability Payment.

Find out more about transferring from DLA to Child Disability Payment on


Did this advice help?
Why wasn't this advice helpful?

Please tell us more about why our advice didn't help.

Did this advice help?

Thank you, your feedback has been submitted.