Skip to content Skip to footer

Letter to complain about energy back-billing

This advice applies to Scotland

If you haven't had an energy bill in over a year, your supplier has to follow certain rules about how far back they bill you.

You should first read our guidance if you've not received a bill in a while.

If your supplier tries to bill you for more than they should, you can use this example letter to help you write a complaint. 

If you need more detailed advice and guidance, contact the Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline.

Did this advice help?