Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Letter to complain about your energy supply being switched without your agreement

This advice applies to Scotland

If you were transferred to a new energy supplier without agreeing to it, you have rights under the 'Erroneous Transfer Charter'. Put your complaint in writing to make sure you get your supply returned to your original supplier

This is an example letter and may not suit your specific situation.

If you need more detailed advice and guidance, contact the Citizens Advice consumer service.

Citizens Advice consumer service (Scotland)
Tel: 0808 223 1133 (Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 5.00pm)

The Citizens Advice consumer service will provide energy and postal service advice to Scottish consumers. You can find out more about the service, including how to get in touch online, on Contact the consumer helpline

Did this advice help?
Why wasn't this advice helpful?

Please tell us more about why our advice didn't help.

Did this advice help?

Thank you, your feedback has been submitted.