Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Letter to complain to an energy supplier

This advice applies to Scotland

If you're having issues with your energy supplier, you can put your complaint in writing using this example template letter.

For full information about problems with energy suppliers, see how to complain to your energy supplier

This is an example letter and may not suit your specific situation.

If you need more detailed advice and guidance, contact the Citizens Advice consumer service.

Citizens Advice consumer service (Scotland)
Tel: 0808 223 1133 (Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 5.00pm)

The Citizens Advice consumer service will provide energy and postal service advice to Scottish consumers. You can find out more about the service, including how to get in touch online, on Contact the consumer helpline

Did this advice help?
Why wasn't this advice helpful?

Please tell us more about why our advice didn't help.

Did this advice help?

Thank you, your feedback has been submitted.