Citizens Advice responds to latest Ofgem reforms
Responding to Ofgem's latest announcement on market reforms, Gillian Cooper, Head of Energy Policy for Citizens Advice, said:
“Ofgem must ensure people never again experience the chaos and cost of multiple suppliers going bust.
“It’s essential that these proposals lead to concrete change that is felt by customers. The only way that will happen is if these new rules are enforced.
“Importantly, we can’t return to a world where customer credit balances can be misused to fund risky business models.”
Notes to editors
- Citizens Advice is made up of the national charity Citizens Advice; the network of independent local Citizens Advice charities across England and Wales; the Citizens Advice consumer service; and the Witness Service.
- Our network of charities offers impartial advice online, over the phone, and in person, for free.
- We helped 2.4 million people face to face, over the phone, by email and webchat in 2020-21. And we had 40 million visits to our website. For full service statistics see our monthly publication Advice trends.
- Citizens Advice service staff are supported by more than 21,000 trained volunteers, working at over 2,600 service outlets across England and Wales.
- You can get consumer advice from the Citizens Advice consumer service on 0808 223 1133 or 0808 223 1144 for Welsh language speakers.