Big Energy Saving Network 2021/22
Big Energy Saving Network (BESN) 2021/22
BESN in 2021/22
The application window for BESN is now open. You application form links, and guidance can be seen below:
- BESN- Champion Guidance [ 290 kb]
- BESN- Champion Application Form
- BESN- Regional Lead Guidance [ 290 kb]
- BESN- Regional Lead Application Form
- Declaration [ 230 kb]
The window for submitting applications will run for two weeks, with a deadline of Monday 5 July 5:00pm. We will not accept any applications received after this point.
The Big Energy Saving Network is made of local community groups and charities across Great Britain that can advise on energy saving in the home, switching energy suppliers, different energy tariffs and available support to help vulnerable households stay warm and lower energy bills. We expect the application window for BESN in 2021/22 to open in the week commencing 21 June 2021.
BESN is delivered by a network of Champions and Regional Energy Leads, based in local organisations across England and Wales.
Champions offer advice on energy saving in the home, switching energy suppliers, and guidance on how to access schemes that help vulnerable households stay warm and lower energy bills. BESN should be delivered in an outreach setting by engaging with existing community groups. Consumers can be reached via group sessions, though all attendees should be offered one-to-one support if they would like it.
Advisers should deliver ‘assisted action’ support which means helping consumers take action to reduce their energy bills or access assistance they otherwise would not have done without BESN.
Funding will be allocated in blocks of £3,500 per 100 consumers advised.
Regional Leads aim to cascade energy advice by training 300 frontline workers, so that they can go on to provide energy advice to the consumers, or refer consumers to someone else who can. They are also responsible for local coordination, facilitating the sharing of best practice between Champions.
Funding will be allocated in blocks of £12,975 per Regional Lead (two per region).
Consumer Booklet and Resources
- Energy Best Deal consumer booklet (English) [ 470 kb]
- Energy Best Deal consumer booklet (Welsh) [ 0.56 mb]
- Help with bills- leaflet [ 89 kb]
- Switching- leaflet [ 110 kb]
- Energy efficiency- leaflet [ 98 kb]
- COVID advice- leaflet [ 120 kb]
Champion guide and handouts
- BESN Champion guidance for consumers [ 0.77 mb]
- Handout 1a - quiz [ 30 kb]
- Handout 2 - understanding your bill [ 2 mb]
- Handout 3 - reading your energy meter [ 140 kb]
- Handout 4 - energy saving activity [ 170 kb]
All Champions must complete the short eLearning module found below:
For Champions (note, it is not required to keep paper copies of reporting forms this year):
- ONLINE REPORTING TOOL- Champions
- Sign-in sheet for Frontline workers and consumers- [ 110 kb](2019 version, provided as reference only)
- One-to-one advice reporting sheet [ 400 kb] (2019 version, provided as reference only)
- Group session feedback form [ 390 kb](2019 version, provided as reference only)
For Regional Leads (note, it is not required to keep paper copies of reporting forms this year):
- ONLINE REPORTING TOOL- Regional Leads
- Sign-in sheet for Frontline workers and consumers [ 110 kb](2019 version, provided as reference only) [ 110 kb]
- Training feedback form [ 400 kb](2019 version, provided as reference only) [ 400 kb]
Each Champion must submit two case studies before the end of the 2019/20. Case study templates will be available shortly
If you have any queries please email: email@example.com