Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Common reasons for changing a DWP benefit decision

These pages tell you more about what you can do if the DWP has changed your benefit decision.

There's also information about what to do if you're getting contributory Employment and Support Allowance or contribution-based Jobseeker's Allowance and you live in an area where Universal Credit has started.

Personal Independence Payment

When a decision on Personal Independence Payment (PIP) may change and what you can do about it.

Universal Credit

When a decision on Universal Credit (UC) may change and how you can challenge a decision you don't agree with.

Your benefit decision has been changed because of official errors or changes in the law

Challenging a decision that has been changed because of official errors or a change in the law for Universal Credit (UC) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and also contributory ESA or contribution-based JSA in areas where UC has started.