Benefits - introduction
Learn about the benefits you can get and how they are paid. If you are not happy with a decision, find out what you can do and how you can appeal.
If you pay national insurance, find out which contributions pay for which benefits.
Get a quick idea of the benefits you could get including disability benefits and links to free and detailed benefit eligibility tools and calculators
Payment of benefits and tax credits by direct credit transfer into bank and building society accounts or Post Office card accounts.
What you should do if you're volunteering while you're on benefits.
- Challenging a benefit decision
- If a problem with National Insurance is affecting your benefits
- Benefit overpayments
- You think you're being accused of benefit fraud
- If you’ve been invited to an interview under caution for benefit fraud
- Complaining about the service you’ve received – benefits and tax credits