This advice applies to England. Change country
Benefit calculators: what benefits can you get
Answer a few quick questions to get an idea of the benefits you should look into.
Your results will include:
- a list of the benefits you could get
- an idea of how much you could get
- links to advice on eligibility and claiming
If you want a detailed benefit calculation
For a more detailed calculation that includes an estimate of how much you might get and how your benefits will be affected if you start work you can:
- visit your local Citizens Advice in England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland
- use the Turn2us benefit calculator
- use the Entitledto benefit calculator
You’ll need information about savings, income, pension, childcare payments and any existing benefits (for you and your partner).
The Turn2Us and Entitledto calculators won’t work if you’re under 18, and you won’t get an accurate and detailed calculation if you’re:
- a student
- not a British or Irish citizen
- on strike
- living outside the UK
- living permanently in residential care or a nursing home
- a prisoner
Get help with bills and budgeting
If you're trying to cut your spending or are having trouble keeping up with payments, see our advice on getting help with bills. Use our budgeting tool to see exactly where your money goes each month.