Letter to ask for a refund or alternative when a package holiday is changed

This advice applies to England. See advice for See advice for Northern Ireland, See advice for Scotland, See advice for Wales

Use this letter if a package holiday you've booked has been changed and you want to either:

  • cancel it and ask for a refund

  • switch to an alternative holiday

Sam Hoolin

8 Park Avenue


01632 960001

Sunny Getaways

24 Station Road
GT16 3LP

14 April 2024

Booking reference: 123456789

To whom it may concern,

Re: The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018

On 8 August 2022 we agreed a contract for:

Two-week adventure break in Grand Canaria

I now find the holiday has changed:

The white water rafting has been replaced by abseiling and the rock climbing has been switched to pony-trekking.

This constitutes a ’significant change' for the purposes of the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018. I request that you offer me a suitable alternative package.

Please contact me within 14 days with your proposals to do this.

Yours faithfully,

Sam Hoolin

Further help

Contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 0808 223 1133 if you need more help - a trained adviser can give you advice over the phone. You can also use an online form.

If you’re in Northern Ireland, contact Consumerline.

Help us improve our website

Take 3 minutes to tell us if you found what you needed on our website. Your feedback will help us give millions of people the information they need.