Contact the consumer helpline
Contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline (formerly known as Consumer Direct) if you need more help with a consumer problem.
Contact Consumerline if you’re in Northern Ireland.
Call the helpline
Citizens Advice consumer helpline: 03454 04 05 06
Textphone: 18001 03454 04 05 06
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
To contact a Welsh-speaking adviser: 03454 04 05 05
Textphone to contact a Welsh-speaking adviser: 18001 03454 04 05 05
Closed on bank holidays
Calls to the helpline cost up to 9p per minute from a landline. If you're calling from a mobile, it'll cost between 3p and 40p per minute - if you have inclusive minutes, it's the same as calling a landline. Find out more about call charges on GOV.UK.
Calls to the helpline take an average of 8 to 10 mins.
Use the online form
You can also contact the consumer service online. There’s a different way of getting in touch depending on whether it’s about:
- energy - the supply of gas or electricity
- post - an item of mail you have sent or received
- any other consumer issue
Write to the consumer service
You can only send letters that are about energy or post problems. The consumer service doesn't deal with letters about any other type of problem.
Send letters to:
Citizens Advice consumer service
Post Point 24
Walliscote Grove Road
Weston super Mare
How the consumer helpline can help you
The helpline adviser can:
- give you practical and impartial advice on how to resolve your consumer problem
- tell you the law which applies to your situation
- pass information about complaints on to Trading Standards (you can’t do this yourself)
However, the adviser can’t:
- make a complaint for you
- take legal action on your behalf
Before you contact the helpline
Before you contact the helpline, you should have a pen and paper ready.
To help the adviser give you the most relevant advice, you should be ready to give them as much of the following information as you can:
- brief details of your problem, eg when you paid for the item or the service, how much you paid, how you paid for it, whether you did so in a shop or online
- the seller or trader’s name and address
- what you’ve done so far to try to solve the issue
- your reference number (if you’ve already contacted the helpline about the same problem)