Coronavirus - what it means for you

This advice applies to Scotland. See advice for See advice for England, See advice for Northern Ireland, See advice for Wales

There are things you can do to avoid getting coronavirus and stop it spreading.

The Scottish government advises that you:

  • wear a face mask in some public places - check the Scottish government guidance on face coverings

  • take care when meeting others - by meeting outside or opening windows

  • clean hands and surfaces regularly

  • stay at home if you have covid symptoms.

Find out more about when to stay at home and isolate if you feel unwell on NHS inform.

Going to work

The Scottish government has said employers should consider hybrid working - with workers spending some time in the office and some time at home.  Find out more in the Scottish government guidance for safe working.

Check our advice if you:

You might get sick pay if you’re too unwell to work because of covid. Check when you can get sick pay.

You can find out about long covid on NHS inform.

If you're planning to travel abroad

The rules about travel depend on where you’re travelling from and where you're going.

If you travel abroad, you should check:

If you've booked a holiday

Check what your travel agent, airline or accommodation provider says about your booking. 

If your booking is cancelled because of coronavirus, contact the company you booked with. You have the right to a refund, or you can choose to rebook the holiday for another time.

You can find out more about getting a refund because of coronavirus.

You can also find out what to do if your package holiday is cancelled.

If you need more help, you can get advice from your local Citizens Advice Bureau.