Energy policy research and consultation responses
We are the official consumer body for energy. We use research and evidence from the people who contact our advice service every day to understand the problems facing energy consumers in Great Britain. We help solve these problems by engaging with industry, changing policy and supporting consumers to navigate the market.
- Targeting support when energy bills rise in April
- How to protect consumers as energy prices rise
- Market Meltdown: How regulatory failures landed us with a multi-billion pound bill
- Smartening up: How to improve people's confidence in smart home technology
- Taking too much? The experience of benefit deductions to pay for energy and other debts
- View all
- Response to Ofgem's statutory consultation on potential short-term interventions to address risks to consumers from market volatility
- Response to Ofgem's consultation on the Warm Home Discount (‘WHD’) scheme allowance methodology in the default tariff cap.
- Response to Ofgem's call for input paper on adapting the price cap methodology for resilience in volatile markets
- Citizens Advice response to BEIS consultation for a market-based mechanism for low-carbon heat
- Citizens Advice response to BEIS consultation on phasing out the installation of fossil fuel heating in homes off the gas grid
- View all