Energy policy research and consultation responses
We are the official consumer body for energy. We use research and evidence from the people who contact our advice service every day to understand the problems facing energy consumers in Great Britain. We help solve these problems by engaging with industry, changing policy and supporting consumers to navigate the market.
- Navigating net zero: A framework to give people the confidence to invest in home energy technologies
- Home truths: The challenge and experience of making home energy improvements
- Innovation in the tariff market: Discussion paper on how new tariffs can work better for people
- Good practice guide: Making sure heat network consumers get the right support and information
- Good practice guide: Supporting people in energy debt
- View all
- Citizens Advice response to Ofgem’s Call for Evidence: Review of the regulatory arrangements for the Data Communications Company
- Citizens Advice response to consultation on the Energy Consumers Commission 2021/2022 Project Plan
- Citizens Advice response to Ofgem Green Recovery Scheme open letter
- Citizens Advice response to BEIS’s consultation on exemptions from the requirement for an electricity licence
- Response to Ofgem consultation on smart meter rollout and the default tariff cap
- View all
Use our interactive charts to explore the calls we get about problems with smart meters.