Skip to content Skip to footer

This advice applies to England. Change country

If you need more help about a consumer issue

If you haven't found the answer to your consumer problem on this website, the Citizens Advice consumer service may be able to help you further.

Trained advisers can give you consumer advice over the phone and online.

Call the Citizens Advice consumer helpline

To get information or advice, call the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 03454 04 05 06.

You can talk to a Welsh-speaking adviser on 03454 04 05 05.

The helplines are open Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm. They are not open on bank holidays

Warning: Bogus callers

The Citizens Advice consumer service is aware that calls are being made to the public claiming to be from us. The caller may ask for sensitive financial information to be given. We will never ask for such information and such calls do not come from us.

If you receive such a call, you can report it to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040, or at

How much will it cost to call the 0345 numbers?

Calls to 034 numbers cost no more than calls to geographic (01 or 02) numbers and must be included in inclusive minutes and discount schemes in the same way. Calls from landlines are typically charged at up to 9p per minute, calls from mobiles typically cost between 8p to 40p per minute. Calls from landlines and mobiles are included in free call packages. Ofcom have produced a guide to help customers understand these charges.


Dial 18001 followed by Citizens Advice consumer helpline number 03454 04 05 06.

If you would like to speak to a Welsh-speaking adviser, dial 18001 followed by 03454 04 05 05.

Email us

You can use our online enquiry forms to ask us about:

Write to us

You can write to us with your energy or post query:

Citizens Advice consumer service
Post Point 24
Town Hall
Walliscote Grove Road
Weston super Mare
North Somerset
BS23 1UJ

Find out more

Listen to our podcast about the work of Citizens Advice consumer service.

How the Citizens Advice consumer service can help you:


Report a problem to Trading Standards

Trading Standards deal with complex consumer problems and potential criminal activities. Their services differ across the country. The Citizens Advice consumer service can help you report a problem to Trading Standards.

If you live in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man you can contact Trading Standards directly

Give feedback on the Citizens Advice consumer service

You can use our online form to give feedback about the service you have received from the Citizens Advice consumer helpline.

Don't use the feedback form to:

  • get advice
  • ask a general question
  • comment on a Citizens Advice Bureau.

Other useful information

European Consumer Centre UK ECC

If you have a complaint about goods or services you have bought in another European country, the European Consumer Centre may be able to help you if you have not been able to sort out your problem with the trader.

European Consumer Centre UK ECC

Tel: 01268 886 690 (Monday to Friday from 10.00am to 3.00pm)