Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Repairs and improvements

On these pages you can find information about help for house repairs and improvements, property factors and house repair notices. There are also links to a Scottish Government leaflet about the planning system and to other useful organisations.

The scheme of assistance for house repairs and adaptations

Find out what help local authorities can provide for repairs and improvements to privately owned houses and adaptations for disabled people.

Scottish Government guide to the planning system

Find out about how the planning system in Scotland works and how to apply for planning permission.

Property factors

Find out about property factors who provide services to homeowners, including the duties of a factor and how to complain about a factor.

Organisations that can support homeowners with repairs

Link to website that helps with housing repairs, improvements and adaptations for tenants, owner occupiers and crofters who are over 60 or who have a disability, and the website Under One Roof that provides information and advice about common repairs.

House repair notices

Find out about the powers local authorities have to enforce improvements and repairs on privately owned property.