Skip to content Skip to footer

Sick or disabled people and carers

If you are sick or disabled, you may be able to claim benefits and tax credits.

If you need help with care or getting around, you may be able to claim Personal Independence Payment if you're aged 16-64 or Disability Living Allowance if you're under 16. Attendance Allowance can help with care needs if you're 65 or over. If you can’t work, you may get Employment and Support Allowance. If you care for someone who is disabled, you may get Carer’s Allowance.