Letter to claim damages for misrepresented goods or services

This advice applies to England. See advice for See advice for Northern Ireland, See advice for Scotland, See advice for Wales

Use this letter to get a refund or claim damages for goods or services that were misrepresented to you at the time of sale.

Sam Hoolin

8 Park Avenue

01632 960001


Giltham Traders

24 Station Road
GT16 3LP

21 May 2024

To whom it may concern,

Misrepresentation Act 1967 On 14 January 2022 I agreed the following service with your company: Hedges trimmed and lawns mowed in my front garden, once a month for a year.

I paid £300 via credit card.

At the time of purchase, it was indicated by a representative of your company, Mo Smith, that:

Garden waste disposal was included and would not be left in the garden.

I have since discovered that this is not the case, therefore I feel the contract was misrepresented to me. As such, I will have no option but to cancel the contract without penalty in accordance with the Misrepresentation Act 1967.

I look forward to your response within 14 days so we can resolve this matter amicably.

Yours faithfully,

Sam Hoolin

Further help

Contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 0808 223 1133 if you need more help - a trained adviser can give you advice over the phone. You can also use an online form.

If you’re in Northern Ireland, contact Consumerline.

Help us improve our website

Take 3 minutes to tell us if you found what you needed on our website. Your feedback will help us give millions of people the information they need.