This advice applies to England. Change country
Work fact sheets
Help us to improve our Work pages
We’d like your help understanding why people come to our employment advice pages. Please complete our short survey. It'll take about 5–10 minutes and will help us improve our online advice.
We have produced a number of PDF fact sheets on work and employment issues. The fact sheets are short, easy to read and easy to print. They give key facts about each topic and are updated regularly.
- Accidents at work [ 110 kb]
- Age discrimination at work [ 130 kb]
- Changes to employment contracts [ 55 kb]
- Children and employment [ 35 kb]
- Employer withholds your pay [ 220 kb]
- Holidays and holiday pay [ 72 kb]
- Information for small employers [ 200 kb]
- Lay offs and short time working [ 33 kb]
- Maternity rights at work [ 160 kb]
- Migrant workers - rights at work [ 180 kb]
- Migrant workers – tax and national insurance [ 180 kb]
- Migrant workers and Working Tax Credit [ 45 kb]
- National insurance [ 110 kb]
- National Minimum Wage [ 210 kb]
- Notice of dismissal from work [ 39 kb]
- Redundancy [ 52 kb]
- Rest breaks at work [ 130 kb]
- Rights of working fathers [ 120 kb]
- Sex discrimination and sexual harassment at work [ 55 kb]
- Sickness at work [ 230 kb]
- Time off work [ 140 kb]
- Working hours [ 61 kb]
- What can I do if my employer treats me unfairly because of race? [ 140 kb]
- What can I do if my employer treats me unfairly because of religion or belief? [ 180 kb]
- What can I do if my employer treats me unfairly because of sexual orientation? [ 140 kb]
- Young people and employment [ 65 kb]
If you haven't found what you were looking for, you may want to look at to our main page on work.
Should you have difficultly opening any of these files, our help section contains troubleshooting information on how to open a PDF.