Skip to content Skip to footer

This advice applies to England. Change country

Benefit calculators: what benefits can you get

Answer a few quick questions to get an idea of the benefits you should look into.

Your results will include:

  • a list of the benefits you could get
  • an idea of how much you could get
  • links to advice on eligibility and claiming


If you want a detailed benefit calculation 

For a more detailed calculation that includes an estimate of how much you might get and how your benefits will be affected if you start work you can:

You’ll need information about savings, income, pension, childcare payments and any existing benefits (for you and your partner).

The Turn2Us and Entitledto calculators won’t work if you’re under 18, and you won’t get an accurate and detailed calculation if you’re:

  • a student
  • not a British or Irish citizen
  • on strike
  • living outside the UK
  • living permanently in residential care or a nursing home
  • a prisoner

If you're not a British, Irish or EEA citizen

You can use the Support for migrant families tool if you want to find out what benefits and other help you can get and:

  • you're responsible for children under 18
  • your visa says "no recourse to public funds" or you're subject to immigration control

Your results will be more accurate if you know your immigration status.

Get help with bills and budgeting

If you're trying to cut your spending or are having trouble keeping up with payments, see our advice on getting help with bills. Use our budgeting tool to see exactly where your money goes each month.

Did this advice help?